This is a 'working' document, and will be constantly updated.
If at any time during training you experience a headache, or discomfort from the headset's sensors, take off the headset and rest for at least 15 minutes. If possible, take regular 5 minute 'walk around' breaks after every 20 minutes of training, and remove headset while not 'actively' training.
- Apply a thin layer of the supplied Sensor Conditioner to each sensor. (Using your fingers to apply conditioner will aid in helping the headset 'get used' to your skins pH balance)
- Applying Sensor Conditioner (link)
Head / Scalp Prep:
- Showering the day before or of training is best. (Wait at least 3 hrs after showering to train.)
- Avoid 'Oil' , 'Serum' , Leave-In conditioners or hair additives (If they are used, simply wash out hair at least 3 hours prior to training.)
- Seated – Try not to move excessively or tense up any muscles (body/arms/legs/jaw.)
- Quiet – Talking or having conversations while training may lead to inaccurate training data.
Chair: The Type of chair you are in can effect the Sensor Readings.
- Avoid chairs with metal frames
- Avoid chairs with high backs
- Use Plastic or natural material chairs. (The least amount of metal possible)
- 60hz (Electrical) interference can cause inaccurate training. Stay away from unshielded power cables/lines, older/high output florescent light fixtures, power cables/chargers.
- Physical contact with a 'grounding source' will effect sensor readings. (Touching large metal objects, holding charging cables, holding the iPad while it charges.)
- iPad model 3 and above (Air/Air2 and up, Mini2/Retina and up) running iOS 8 are capable of running the Versus apps. (Lower iPad models do not have processor power or Bluetooth LE, which is the technology used by the Versus headset to stream data to the ipad apps.)
- Is my iPad compatible (link)
- Do Not charge the iPad while the audio cable is plugged in. This will cause interference with the headset's readings, leading to inaccurate training data.